Monday, March 15, 2010

SpRiNg!!


So. Spring is my new favorite season. I know I say that every season, but I'm serious this time. I'm glad God invented seasons. because I think He knew we would need a change after a while. I'm ready for a change.

I'm so ready for SUNSHINE and WARM weather.

and pretty flowers.


and fresh air.

and the smell of fresh cut grass.

sitting in my red swing.

and softball games.


and riding our new bikes.


and twirly skirts.

with flip flops.

and french pedicures.

and grilling out & eating on the deck with my potted plants.

I'm not claiming to have a green thumb or anything, but aren't those trailing petunia's AMAZING!! I plant them in hanging baskets in the front yard too... and they are like flower power balls of awesomeness.

Unfortunately, with the warm weather comes these:


Make no mistake, I am NOT excited about this spring/summer addition. It means that I make Josh go into the laundry room for tarantula check before I even step off the porch stairs, that I make Josh give me piggy-back rides to and from the car (I nearly stepped on one at night), and that I try at all costs to avoid the backyard (there was one on the gate handle into the backyard). Call me crazy, but I do NOT like these spawn spiders of Satan. And I know it is irrational. And I know it is an unhealthy fear. But they are big, and hairy, and can jump. And I don't like them. It's unnatural for a spider to be that big.

And that's all I have to say about that.
For now.

3 comments:

My {Oh} My Musings said...

yes your petunias are awesome....and tarantulas are the devil....and flower beds look great!

The Wyatt Galleries said...

...but if it were not for the ugly spiders...there would probably be some other ugliness we would appreciate less!

marilyn said...

think guineas or a peacock or two.
wella! no more tarantulas!
so nice.

Can't wait for Milberger time!