Through the last 3 weeks... I am unable to get through the day without asking God to help me. To take my pain away. To restore and bring Hope. To be even closer than before. There have been a few songs that have been like salve to my wounded heart. I have progressed from just sitting listening to these songs while sobbing, to unable to move or sing but letting the healing words wash over me, to quietly singing in hopes that faith and belief will be stirred up in my heart. I'm getting there.
"God I Look to You"
Bethel Live
God I look to You
I won't be overwhelmed
Give me vision to see things like You do
God I look to You
You're where my help comes from
Give me wisdom, You know just what to do
Sing Hallelujah
Sing it over the broken
Sing it over the hopeless
Sing Hallelujah
"Forever and a Day"
Bethel Live
I was afraid Your love sent me free
I was in debt You paid the price for me
I was hurt You took away my pain
I was alone until You called my name
I was broken and You mended me
Before I was You loved me
You healed my body and You made me whole
No matter what I do You don't let go
I will sing to the King, I am the ransomed one
How I love Your holy name
Holy to the Lamb who was slain
When I laugh and when I cry
You are the reason why
How I long to be with you, forever and a day
When I go to bed, You are near
When I wake up, You are there
When I say Your name, You are here
When I walk in faith, You're everywhere
You catch and save every tear I cry
You journal everyday about my life
Your love for me reaches to the s k y
I am Yours, You are mine
I was ashamed You called me beautiful
And now I'm Yours, You call me beautiful
I was ashamed You called me beautiful
But now I'm Yours, You call me beautiful
But now I'm Yours...
"Glory Baby"
Watermark
Glory Baby, You slipped away
As fast as we could say baby
You were growing, what happened Dear,
You disappeared, honest baby
Heaven will hold you before we do
Heaven will keep you safe
Until we're home with you
As fast as we could say baby
You were growing, what happened Dear,
You disappeared, honest baby
Heaven will hold you before we do
Heaven will keep you safe
Until we're home with you
We miss you everyday, miss you in every way
But we know there's a day when we will hold you
And you'll kiss our tears away, when we're home to stay
We can't wait for the day when we will see you
But baby let sweet Jesus hold you, until mom and dad can hold you
You'll just have heaven before we do
Sweet little baby, it's hard to understand it
Cause we are hurting
But there is healing, and we know we're stronger people
Through the growing, and in knowing
All things work together for our good
And God works his purposes
Just like he said he would
I can't imagine Heaven's lullabies
And what they must sound like
But I will rest in knowing
Heaven is your home
And it's all you'll ever know
1 comment:
great songs. the 1st two are always playing in my car! and i know what you mean when you can barely get the words out...sometimes i think they are just supposed to be sung over us. these songs do bring healing & truth. love & miss you. hang in there.
Post a Comment