Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dallas World Aquarium


The day after April's wedding, we headed to the Dallas World Aquarium before coming back to San Antonio. The Aquarium is basically in a warehouse and is designed like a rainforest. You wind your way down through the layers (canopy, understory, forest floor - I was obsessed with the rainforest in 3rd grade!). And then when you get to the bottom you find the actual aquarium! Pretty amazing! It was so green and lush!

Josh & I in front of the waterfall.
Waterfall into the Manatee tank. The grey blob is the Manatee!
Getting to the "understory" of the rainforest!


I'm not quite sure who these people are. They did a native dance with fire and then we took our picture with them! Josh looks a little nervous!

All the birds were just flying around in the open.

The aquarium!


Josh in wonder of the Aquarium tube.


Fish face.

Shaaaaarks!


F-I-L & I

Big shark.

Once we finished looking at all the animals, the gift shop is conveniently located at the exit. So I was forced to look at all the stuffed animals. I was hoping to find a sea turtle that would replace my broken Sea World sea turtle heart. I found this little guy - so now my heart is only half broken. But it isn't the SeaWorld sea turtle.
AND THEN I spotted this lion and it reminded me of what Josh looked like when I first met him when he looked like a combination of Napoleon Dynamite and Carrot-top. It would have been a crime NOT to buy it.


Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

After the Aquarium, we loaded up and headed back to San Antonio. But not before Josh took a much needed pit stop at Braum's to get a double scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream cone.

On our way "home again home again jiggity jog." As my mom would say.

The end.

No comments: