Worship isn't just singing a few songs before a sermon. It is a lifestyle of loving Jesus and giving all that we are to the only One who is Worthy. He is Worthy of everything I have and everything I do. So when I sing songs to Him in worship, it is coming from the overflow of my heart because He is who He says He is. Salvation is a free gift, but it will cost me my whole life. It is a radical love and life, one that I don't completely understand and fail constantly at. But I know that God wants ALL of me, not just part of me. He "won't relent until He has it ALL." He is passionately and jealously in love with all of us. Worship is my feeble response to His crazy love for me.
"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17
I took a couple of pictures from my iPhone. It was such a great experience and Josh & I learned so much! If you ever have the opportunity to see them live... DO IT!
Jesus Culture Band
Jesus Culture has four albums out. They are ALL amazing. You should own all of them.




Check them out at jesusculture.org. And for your viewing pleasure... here are some of my favorite songs:
How He Loves Us
He is jealous for me
Love's like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great your affections are for me.
Oh, how He loves us so
Oh, how He loves us
How He loves us so.
We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking
So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way
Yeah, He loves us
Oh, how He loves us
Oh, how He loves us
Oh, how He loves.
'
Seriously. You just have to buy it and listen to them ALL. Simply amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment